CoinList is where the world’s best crypto projects build their communities and early adopters can invest in and trade top-tier digital assets. Our mission is to accelerate the advancement of blockchain technology, by finding the best emerging blockchain projects and helping them succeed. CoinList has become the global leader in new token issuance, helping blue chip projects like Solana, Filecoin, Celo, Dapper Labs, and others raise over $800 million and connect them with hundreds of thousands of new token holders. And we now support the full lifecycle of crypto investment, from token sales through token distribution, trading, lending, and crypto-specific services such as staking and access to decentralized-finance opportunities. CoinList users trade and store Bitcoin, Ether, and many other popular crypto assets through CoinList.co, CoinList Pro (our full-service exchange), and mobile apps, while also getting exclusive access to the best new tokens before they list on other exchanges.
Unlike other centralized crypto finance platforms, we’re not here to just build a bank or a brokerage. We’re building the platform for people who are passionate about moving crypto forward, and we’re just getting started. Come join us and propel the future of crypto!
This role is within the Compliance department, reporting directly to the Chief Compliance Officer, and will be responsible for overseeing the Know Your Customer (KYC) program including customer identification/verification, customer due diligence, and enhanced due diligence. This role will interact with stakeholders throughout the company and will drive our strategy for KYC strategy.
Who you are:
- An experienced KYC professional who has created and implemented global processes for customer onboarding and ongoing due diligence.
- Experience with US and international KYC requirements.
- Experience with both individual and legal entity KYC requirements, as well as industry best practices.
- Has led vendor integrations for e-IDV and IDV.
- A team player who is eager to contribute within a fast growing company.
- Someone who is excited to build and scale operations.
What you will do:
- Own the global KYC strategy.
- Manage KYC operations.
- Draft and implement policies, programs, and procedures.
- Partner with various stakeholders to design the customer onboarding process, meet regulatory requirements, and ensure strong financial crime controls.
- Evaluate existing and new vendors.
- Be the point of contact for KYC Program related questions or issues.
- Scale and lead the KYC operations team.
- Enhance reporting and key performance indicators for KYC operations.
- Partipciate or lead compliance projects as needed.
- 5 or more years experience directly dealing with KYC, specifically IDV and e-IDV.
- Global KYC experience or knowledge is required.
- In-depth knowledge and experience with CDD/EDD requirements and best practices.
- Expertise with complex beneficial ownership.
- Expertise with high risk customers types.
- Experience managing large operational teams.
- Knowledge or interest in the crypto/blockchain space