- Monitor and report on the latest news and announcements that come out over the weekend, without bias.
- Quickly react to breaking news, turning around briefs of 100–150 words in 20 minutes or less.
- Manage and produce longer featured stories that fit into the “weekend read” category.
- Liaise with major companies, niche projects and stakeholders, conducting interviews and sourcing original and pertinent stories.
- Writing headlines and social media copy that draw in readers. Post the newly published articles on social media.
- Use our in-house style guide (a slightly modified variant of AP style) to copy edit all content.
- Spearhead creative new content styles.
- Ability to learn on the fly and keep track of day-to-day news flow in a quickly evolving industry.
- Deep knowledge of the cryptocurrency industry.
- Expert English writing and editing skills.
- Work well within a team and organization.
- Strong skills in interviewing and building relationships with sources.
- Relevant bachelor’s degree and 4+ years of work experience.
- Ability to work 5 days a week (Wednesday to Sunday or Saturday to Wednesday) is a major bonus.
- Experience in reporting on breaking news.
- Experience in both working and publishing content without supervision.
- Experience in managing a team of writers.
- Non-English language skills are a plus, especially Chinese (Mandarin), Spanish, Japanese or Russian.
- A nose for a story and the instinct to ignore PR blitzes.
To apply, please send your resume and a cover letter attached to a brief email to email@example.com that explains your interest in the position and describes any experience relevant to the job.
To Apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the following form...