Our SVP of Engineering is looking for an experienced leader with a combination of strong people skills, Engineering and Product strategy/execution, and business operations/program management experience to partner with him in leading the organization. The Chief of Staff will drive forward initiatives on behalf of the SVP, by prioritizing areas for investment, and assisting key leaders in achieving focus within their teams, creating mechanisms, streamlined processes, communicating consistently and frequently, and building trust across the organization. This role will serve as a trusted advisor to the SVP, ensuring he is as efficient and effective as possible.
As Chief of Staff, you will contribute strategic leadership to the Ripple Engineering leadership team. You will partner with our Leadership Team to collaborate and drive initiatives with senior leaders to ensure strategic alignment, drawing from your product/business and technical experience. You will also work closely with the leadership team in driving the rhythm of the business – thinking holistically and strategically about key operational rhythms, business processes, procedures to support the business and to enable effective execution. This position requires extensive cross-group coordination at all levels, strong product and technical acumen, excellent communication skills, and the ability to build compelling executive-level presentations and long-form narratives.
- Leadership effectiveness & communication:
- Maximize the effectiveness of the SVP by helping balance priorities, communicate effectively, advising the SVP and be able to stand-in during meetings. Taking key decisions and speaking on behalf of the SVP.
- Work with the SVP to engage with customers, partners, and the community to drive thought leadership for the product and the team.
- Business Management and Operations (Scaling and Effectiveness)
- Partner with the recruiting teams to meet hiring requirements and elevate hiring conversations with the LT.
- Drive the annual and quarterly planning processes with Engineering (tech+prod) leadership. Create an inclusive and efficient way to establish strategic priorities and plan resources needed.
- Lead key initiatives by partnering with and influencing stakeholders within and outside of Engineering, including (but not limited to) leaders in Developer Relations, Marketing, Legal and Business Development.
- Develop and implement operating mechanisms to ensure effectiveness and provide insight and advice to the LT around prioritization, operational excellence, D&I initiatives, and annual planning (from OKRs to team meetings, communications, and more).
- Drive Engineering rhythm of the business; Engineering Leadership, Management, to all engineers. Includes communication cadence and mechanisms.
- Identify misalignment and take proactive action to resolve it in a timely manner with positive and effective communication.
- Work closely with Data partners to create dashboards to measure business results and hold teams accountable. Shepherd the development of a data-driven decision-making culture.
- Team Development & Culture
- Serve as a cultural touchstone for the team, advising the SVP and Engineering leadership on habits, rituals, programs, and other ways to nourish and build the desired team culture.
- In partnership with HR and the LT, shape and drive the people agenda and lead team health initiatives, particularly focused on developing increased diversity, inclusion, and belonging. This is a shared accountability across all members of the LT.
- Self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, agile culture—someone who embraces and leads through change and ambiguity.
- Excellent judgment, discretion, and unflappable under pressure.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong strategic thinker who applies creativity to problem solving, and handily takes a big idea from thought through to execution.
- Diligent and extremely organized with strong attention to detail.
- Outstanding at building relationships and collaborating with peers, senior leaders at all organization levels, and cross-functionally to produce not only great results, but also great experiences doing the work.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% paid medical and dental and 95% paid vision insurance for employees starting on your first day
- 401k (with match), commuter benefits
- Industry-leading parental leave policies
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite programs
- Flexible vacation policy – work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Employee giving match
- Modern office in San Francisco’s Financial District
- Fully-stocked kitchen with organic snacks, beverages, and coffee drinks
- Weekly company meeting – ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- Team outings to sports games, happy hours, game nights and more!
WHO WE ARE:
Ripple is doing for value what the internet did for information: enabling its instant and seamless flow around the world. We call this the Internet of Value (IoV). Using blockchain and cryptocurrency technology, Ripple is dedicated to creating powerful gains in financial efficiency, equity and inclusion. In addition, Ripple is developing and enabling the future use cases that will catalyze the new digital economy for governments, businesses and consumers.
Ripple has offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, São Paulo, Reykjavík, Washington D.C. and Dubai.