As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide – our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.
About the role
Now we’re building a new type of regulated bank institution to service both digital assets and traditional financial services.
This role will be responsible for the bank’s overall compliance program, related regulatory supervision, and advising on relevant business risks.
- Develop, implement, and oversee all aspects of the bank’s compliance program, designed specifically for the bank’s unique activities and risks factors, in adherence with relevant laws, regulations, rules, and guidance
- Put in place all components necessary to effectively administer the program and ensure appropriate oversight, including its policies, procedures, processes, controls, systems, operations, personnel, training, testing, and reporting
- Act as the bank’s Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering (BSA/AML) Officer, Office of Foreign Assets Control/Counter-Terrorist Financing (OFAC/CTF) Officer, and Consumer Compliance Officer
- Prepare and file required filings and notices with the appropriate agencies, including state banking divisions and the Federal Reserve
- Act as liaison for the bank and its affiliates during examinations by functional regulators, internal or external auditors, and other relevant third parties
- Ensure appropriate responses to audits and examinations involving compliance-related issues and and delivery of compliance-related information
- Periodically report to the bank’s executives on the state of the compliance program, relevant risk exposure, and any significant emerging issues
- Assess proposed products, services, delivery channels, and marketing efforts to identify any compliance related issues and potential solutions to meet business objectives
- Analyze organizational structure, intra-company relationships, and shared service models across the institution and its affiliated entities to identify regulatory risks, compliance issues, and/or conflicts of interest
- 7+ years in a previous compliance managerial position at a bank, custodian, brokerage, trading, payments, or analogous FinTech institution
- Deep knowledge of federal and state banking laws, regulations, the Federal Reserve environment, and other relevant authorities and agencies
- Comprehensive knowledge of consumer compliance practices, including BSA, CIP, AML, KYC, OFAC, CTF, etc. Professional certification in such areas (eg, CAMS) is a plus
- Interest in digital assets, entrepreneurial attitude, and ability to lead within an agile, high-growth company environment
- Undergraduate degree (relevant advanced degrees, such as a JD or LLM, a plus)
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background.
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.