General Counsel Responsibilities:
- Advising executive, senior management and board on various matters such as legal rights, and new and existing laws.
- Managing organization’s legal matters.
- Examining and creating draft agreements, such as employment and vendor agreements.
- Maintaining knowledge of organization’s operations and legal documents.
- Conducting legal research and reviewing company’s litigation strategy pertaining to legal actions.
- Promulgating and creating directives of corporate acts and decisions.
- Preserving all corporate records.
- Handling statutory filings, such as licensing forms.
- Liaising with outside counsel regarding their assignments.
- Creating new entities and managing organization’s intellectual property.
General Counsel Requirements:
- Juris Doctor degree from accredited, top-tier law school.
- 4+ years practice with an established law firm.
- Proficient legal experience in blockchain, cryptocurrency, fund investments, venture capital financing and M&A.
- Experience with corporate governance issues and corporate secretarial duties.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of statutes, rules and regulations pertaining to businesses.
- Proficient understanding of business sensitivities and confidentiality.