Status is building the tools and infrastructure for the advancement of a secure, private, and open web3.
With the high level goals of preserving the right to privacy, mitigating the risk of censorship, and promoting economic trade in a transparent, open manner, Status is building a community where anyone is welcome to join and contribute.
As an organization, Status seeks to push the web3 ecosystem forward through research, creation of developer tools, and support of the open source community.
As a product, Status is an open source, Ethereum-based app that gives users the power to chat, transact, and access a revolutionary world of DApps on the decentralized web. But Status is also building foundational infrastructure for the whole Ethereum ecosystem, including the Nimbus ETH 1.0 and 2.0 clients, the Keycard hardware wallet, and the Waku messaging protocol (a continuation of Whisper).
As a team, Status has been completely distributed since inception. Our team is currently 100+ core contributors strong, and welcomes a growing number of community members from all walks of life, scattered all around the globe.
We care deeply about open source, and our organizational structure has minimal hierarchy and no fixed work hours. We believe in working with a high degree of autonomy while supporting the organization’s priorities.
Who are we:
We are the Vac team, and we are building a communications tool with security, censorship resistance and privacy in mind; Vac, Waku v2 and Ethereum Messaging, Waku v2 Plan, Waku v2 Update.
You will help us research and develop new and existing technologies in secure messaging.
- Understands & is embedded in the Ethereum ecosystem
- Has built/developed or audited smart contracts
- Has strong understanding of crypto-economic systems
- Has worked on projects.products with a long view who are serious about security
- Has some hands on experience with a backend language (Rust, Go, etc.) to possibly touch on some Nim
- Perhaps has some exposure to production code.
Ideally you will have:
- A passion for blockchain technology, privacy-preserving technology and decentralization.
- Experience with low level/strongly typed languages (C/C++/Go/Rust or Java/C#).
- Experience designing incentive systems and writing/deploying smart contracts in Ethereum.
- Status compensates people with above average salaries.
- We are happy to pay salaries in either 100% fiat or any mix of fiat and/or crypto.
For more information regarding benefits at Status:
The hiring process for this role will be:
- Interview with our People Ops team
- Technical Interview with Hanno/Sanaz (Members of the VAC Team)
- Pair Programming Interview with Hanno/Sanaz (Members of the VAC Team)
Interview with Oskar (VAC Team Lead)
- The steps may change along the way if we see it makes sense to adapt the interview stages, so please consider the above as a guideline.
We’re looking for the new Protocol Engineer to join the team as soon as possible.
Get to know us:
Find out about the team here: https://vac.dev/.