Crypto.com was founded in 2016 on a simple belief: it’s a basic human right for everyone to control their money, data and identity. Crypto.com serves over 10 million+ customers today, with the world’s fastest growing crypto app, along with the Crypto.com Visa Card — the world’s most widely available crypto card, the Crypto.com Exchange, and the Crypto.com DeFi Wallet.
Crypto.com is built on a solid foundation of security, privacy and compliance and is the first cryptocurrency company in the world to have ISO/IEC 27701:2019, CCSS Level 3, ISO27001:2013 and PCI:DSS 3.2.1, Level 1 compliance, and independently assessed at Tier 4, the highest level for both NIST Cybersecurity and Privacy Frameworks.
Crypto.com is headquartered in Hong Kong with a 2000+ strong team. Find out more by visiting https://crypto.com
What to Expect for Your Role
We are looking for an Associate to join our Strategy & New Ventures team based in HK. Crypto.com was founded in 2016 to accelerate the world’s transition to cryptocurrency. We have a growing team of 1800+ talents, offering products including:
> Crypto.com App, the best place to buy, sell, and pay with crypto;
> Crypto.com Visa Card, no annual fees, spend-able at 40M+ Visa merchant locations;
> Crypto.com Exchange, high-performance trading platform with spot, margin and derivatives trading functionality;
> Crypto.com Chain, native blockchain that lets users pay and be paid in any crypto, anywhere, for free;
> Crypto.com DeFi Wallet, non-custodial Wallet offering users a full suite of DeFi services in one place.
What will make your role exciting
- First & foremost – you craft your own role
You will have the opportunity to wear and switch between multiple hats, depending on your interests: be it a creative product manager, hands-on project owner or a “nerdy” crypto researcher & writer…you have a say in what you work on, and it is all about being a curious problem-solver and finding your own problems to solve!
- Own your product from end to end
You get to experience the full product cycle – from conception of an idea, to product launch, and ongoing KPI monitoring. You get to see the results of your recommendations & decisions with live data reporting. You get to truly own products that you help to design & continuously improve, from end to end.
- Learn something new every day
The blockchain space is not only fast-growing, but also uniquely positioned at the sweet spot of touching upon multiple areas, e.g., cryptography, computer science / engineering, economics (game theory), finance, politics, psychology…Whatever your background is, you could easily find (one or more) areas of interest.
In addition, most if not all projects at Crypto.com are cross-functional, meaning you will be sitting at a roundtable or brainstorming on a whiteboard with colleagues & experts from diverse backgrounds – blockchain engineering, mobile development, cybersecurity, customer acquisition, fraud management, banking & finance…
What a day on your job may look like
There is no such thing as a “typical” day at Crypto.com – our ethos is to move fast, iterate fast, and dance to the changing tune! That being said, below are some activities you may find yourself taking up:
- Developing thematic research memos to advise on market/ sub-sector strategy;
- Designing & drafting requirements for a new product or feature;
- Coordinating cross-functional projects end-to-end from timeline/ deliverable planning to tracking/ reporting;
- Deciding & analyzing product KPIs and recommending improvements;
- Evaluating & driving strategic and investment opportunities;
- Discovering potential areas for collaboration with external partners, and initiating & driving conversations;
- Projecting business results and discussing implications with management.
Overall, you will shoulder the important responsibilities of:
(a) at a product level, design & drive new features to success,
(b) at a company level, define & align business priorities with management, and
(c) at an industry level, generate insights & your own views on the market.
Below are some key traits we look for, and a list of indicators we watch out for during our screening. (Note that the list is not exhaustive, nor do we expect candidates to possess all traits at the same time.) While prior experience with fin-tech would be a plus, it is not required. We value the ability & drive to learn over past experience, as we believe in investing in learning of our team.
Intellectual prowess & curiosity
- Strong academic track record, with a bachelor’s degree or above from a reputable institution;
- 1~3 years of work experience in a field requiring strong problem-solving skills, e.g., management consulting, investment banking, venture capital, equity research;
- Highly structured approach in thinking, analysis and output generation;
- Quick learner who is able to translate newly acquired knowledge into actionable insights;
- (Plus) Project experience in financial/ commercial due diligence;
- (Plus) Strong financial modelling skills;
- (Plus) Track record in an extracurricular activity/ hobby, e.g., writing, arts, sports, etc.;
- (Plus) Specific knowledge in a niche area driven by personal interest, e.g., knowledge of a certain period in history, etc.
Literacy in oral & written communication
- Excellent command of English;
- (Preferred) Excellent command of Chinese – Cantonese and/ or Mandarin;
- Clarity & confidence in communication, e.g., experience communicating with senior stakeholders, public presentations and/ or teaching, a portfolio of writing samples, etc.
Ownership, agility & teamwork
- Self-driven and organized, with a relentless focus on following through on alignments and delivering results effectively;
- High-level of adaptability, being able to quickly reprioritize and iterate based on latest developments;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Collaborative approach to teamwork, demonstrated through coordinating a complex project across multiple work-streams, leading a project team, etc.;
- (Plus) Experience working with teams from diverse backgrounds, e.g., cross-cultural, cross-industry.
Crypto.com provides a great environment and platform for employees to build their career. In this role, you can expect:
- Unique opportunity to be a part of the digital disruption in cryptocurrency
- Autonomy in the role and in managing your own portfolio
- Exposure to the fast-paced world of high-tech start-ups
- Attractive experience and compensation
- Working with passionate, smart and driven colleagues in a vibrant environment