About Galaxy Digital
Galaxy Digital is a diversified financial services firm dedicated to the digital asset, cryptocurrency and blockchain technology industry. As one of the most well-capitalized and trusted companies in the industry, Galaxy Digital is a publicly listed company on the TSX and operates five synergistic business lines: Trading (arbitrage, macro, market making/OTC), Asset Management (passive and active strategies, including venture capital), Principal Investing, Investment Banking Services (capital markets and M&A) and Mining (proprietary mining and mining finance). Galaxy Digital’s CEO and Founder Michael Novogratz leads a team of institutional veterans focused on this high-growth, technology-driven space. The company is headquartered in New York City, with offices in San Francisco, Tokyo, Hong Kong, London, Chicago, the Cayman Islands (registered office) and New Jersey.
The ideal candidate will have 3+ years of experience in an analytical role, with a strong financial services background and who is proficient with Python. The incumbent will utilize their technology skills to help design and implement analytics and management reporting to provide insights into Galaxy’s businesses.
- Automate the generation of .xlsx reports and automated email reports
- Create dashboards for data visualization to be consumed by the senior leadership team
- Analyze large data sets using Python
- Support the finance team and senior leadership by delivering ad hoc analyses
- Assist in the design, testing and roll-out of production systems to support the growing business
- Work to improve the efficiency of processes through automation
- Intellectually curious self-starter, comfortable ambiguity and a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Team player with a can-do attitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong appetite for problem solving in a high growth business
- Basic understanding of accounting, and derivatives contracts (options & futures)
- Proficiency with Python including Python packages: pandas, numpy, matplotlib, scikit-learn
- Knowledge of how to query SQL server database and write SQL code and stored procedures
- Familiarity with Django or Flask framework
- Github workflow, virtual environment setup
- Understanding of devops workflow
- Ability to interface with REST/Websocket APIs
Galaxy respects diversity and seeks to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and job applicants for employment without regard to actual or perceived age, race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital or partnership or caregiver status, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military or veteran status, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, or other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete the application process or to participate in an interview, please contact [email protected].