About Galaxy Digital
Galaxy Digital is a diversified financial services firm dedicated to the digital asset, cryptocurrency and blockchain technology industry. As one of the most well-capitalized and trusted companies in the industry, Galaxy Digital is a publicly listed company on the TSX and operates five synergistic business lines: Trading (arbitrage, macro, market making/OTC), Asset Management (passive and active strategies, including venture capital), Principal Investing, Investment Banking Services (capital markets and M&A) and Mining (proprietary mining and mining finance). Galaxy Digital’s CEO and Founder Michael Novogratz leads a team of institutional veterans focused on this high-growth, technology-driven space. The company is headquartered in New York City, with offices in San Francisco, Tokyo, Hong Kong, London, Chicago, the Cayman Islands (registered office) and New Jersey.
The Associate, Corporate Tax, will be responsible for assisting with all corporate tax matters, including preparation and review of quarterly and annual income tax provisions, corporate tax returns, and workpapers.
On a given day at Galaxy, you will:
- Work closely with third-party services providers on all corporate tax return matters, including:
- Preparation/Review of internal tax workpapers
- Preparation/Review of externally prepared federal, state, and foreign corporate tax returns/workpapers
- Preparation/Review of estimated tax payment/extension calculations
- Maintaining corporate tax filing calendar
- Assist with all aspects of the worldwide quarterly/annual income tax provisions, including:
- Computation of Book-to-Tax differences
- Establishing/Assessing realizability of deferred tax assets/liabilities
- Assessing/Maintaining reserves for uncertain tax provisions
- Tax Footnote Disclosures
- Foreign Tax Provisions
- Perform and document SOX controls for tax accounting and reporting
- Assist with tax audits and assessments
- Assist with tax research to assess corporate tax impacts of legislative developments, acquisitions/divestitures, capital structure changes, etc.
- Perform ad hoc projects/analysis in connection with corporate directives/initiatives
You’ve worked hard for:
- 5+ years of corporate tax/accounting for income taxes experience at large public accounting firm and/or industry
- Working knowledge of partnership tax principles
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or similar
- CPA license required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to independently manage multiple project/initiatives concurrently
- Excellent communication and critical thinking skills
You rock at:
- Experience working with “Up-C” structures
- Experience in asset/investment management, financial technology, or banking/capital markets
- Experience with indirect taxes (SUT/VAT)
Galaxy respects diversity and seeks to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and job applicants for employment without regard to actual or perceived age, race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital or partnership or caregiver status, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military or veteran status, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, or other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete the application process or to participate in an interview, please contact [email protected].