The Corporate Development team oversees decisions around deploying capital to grow the company through strategic investments and acquisitions across cryptocurrency, fintech and software. We are looking to add a high performing professional who can help the team execute on this global mandate.
The ideal candidate has a passion for the cryptocurrency industry, is rigorous in their analysis, methodical, creative, and thorough in their problem-solving approach, and can easily build relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Conduct market research, synthesize findings and work with the executive leadership team to identify acquisition and investment opportunities that accelerate Ripple’s mission
- Engage with the broader organization (product, engineering, marketing, etc.) to further qualify opportunities and refine our areas of strategic interest
- Lead the execution of acquisitions by performing financial analysis, leading due diligence in partnership with senior team members, and supporting integration
- Establish strong relationships externally with the crypto and blockchain community of entrepreneurs and investors
- Source new opportunities and manage the pipeline
- Develop key internal processes and artifacts for the company’s corporate development function including data-driven acquisition performance and backtesting for achievement against ingoing investment thesis
- Ad-hoc qualitative and quantitative analyses for strategic planning, investing and integration efforts
- Partner with Business Development to forge alliances that promote Ripple’s product and service offerings
- Take an opportunity from inception to completion, owning the process from sourcing to due diligence to execution
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- 5+ years of experience in corporate development or related fields such as investment banking or venture capital
- Experience developing and implementing deal workflows and post-deal integrations
- Experience managing multiple deals at once through all phases
- Strong experience developing financial modeling such as market data models, three-statement analysis and valuation
- Intellectual rigor
- Strong communication skills; verbal, written, and presentational
- Comfort operating in white space where there is no playbook and proven ability to come up with creative solutions and deal structures
- Strong understanding of blockchain technology and traditional financial services
- High attention to detail
- Proactive, energetic and collaborative
- International business experience is a plus
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% paid medical and dental and 95% paid vision insurance for employees starting on your first day
- 401k (with match), fully paid parental leave, commuter benefits
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite programs
- Flexible vacation policy – work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Employee giving match
- Modern office in San Francisco’s Financial District
- Fully-stocked kitchen with organic snacks, beverages, and coffee drinks
- Weekly company meeting – ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- Team outings to sports games, happy hours, game nights and more!
WHO WE ARE:
Ripple is doing for value what the internet did for information: enabling its instant and seamless flow around the world. We call this the Internet of Value (IoV). Using blockchain and cryptocurrency technology, Ripple is dedicated to creating powerful gains in financial efficiency, equity and inclusion. In addition, Ripple is developing and enabling the future use cases that will catalyze the new digital economy for governments, businesses and consumers.
Ripple has offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, São Paulo, Reykjavík, Washington D.C. and Dubai.