BitGo is the market leader in institutional-grade cryptocurrency investment services providing security, compliance, and custodial solutions for blockchain-based currencies. BitGo is the world’s largest processor of on-chain bitcoin transactions, processing 25% of all global Bitcoin transactions, and $25 billion per month across all cryptocurrencies. The company has over $40 billion in assets in wallet, and a customer base that includes the world’s largest cryptocurrency exchanges and spans more than 50 countries. In 2018, it launched BitGo Trust Company, the first qualified custodian purpose-built for storing digital assets. BitGo is backed by Craft Ventures, DRW, Galaxy Digital Ventures, Goldman Sachs, Redpoint Ventures, and Valor Equity Partners.
Location: We’re looking for candidates located in the NYC area. The role will be remote for the next few months, but we will eventually want to have our Compliance team on-site for a few days per week in our Manhattan office.
- Ingest and assess regulator advisories and produce memos or project plans to implement needed enhancements.
- Responsible for supporting all aspects of the periodic KYC program
- Analyze client information across multiple systems and processes
- Conduct 314(a) searches in compliance with the Information Sharing requirements of the USA PATRIOT Act
- Conduct enhanced due diligence reviews on escalated items when appropriate
- Prepare materials on BSA/AML issues
- Assist in providing reports and documentation for Audits, Regulatory Exams and management
- Participate in the annual compliance risk assessment including the implementation of corrective action plans
- Compile, analyze, and produce financial crimes metrics across multiple stakeholders
- Contribute to the documentation, production and execution of financial crimes compliance policies, procedures, processes, and training
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of financial crime-related laws, regulations, and trends
- Complete and file Virtual Currency Transaction Reports (CTRs) and other required filings, if/when applicable
Skills and Experience
BitGo is looking for people who are passionate about their craft, take full ownership for their work and projects, and believe in a transparent and collaborative culture with the goal of making BitGo successful. Main requirements:
- 1-2 years of relevant experience in a compliance or risk management position.
- Knowledge of BSA, AML and KYC policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree or an advanced degree or certification or relevant experience in the field.
- Attention to detail, strong judgment, ethics and decision making skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with minor supervision.
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative startup FinTech environment.
Why Join BitGo?
Disrupting an industry takes vision, innovation, passion, technical chops, drive to deliver, collaboration, and execution. Join a team of great people who strive for excellence and personify our corporate values of ownership, craftsmanship, and open communication. We are looking for new colleagues who bring innovative ways of thinking and problem solving, and who want risks to be part of the team that changes the world’s financial markets.
Here are some of the benefits of working at BitGo:
- Competitive base salary, bonus and stock options
- 100% company paid health insurance for employee, partner and dependents
- Up to 5% 401k company match
- Paid parental leave, paid vacation
- Free custom lunches, dinners and snacks
- Computer equipment and workplace furniture to suit your needs
- Great colleagues and inspiring startup environment
- Benefits may vary based on location
Cryptocurrencies are the most disruptive change the financial services industry has seen in years. Join us and you’ll be able to look back and say you were part of the team that transformed investing.