Who We Are:
Our mission is to provide certainty to the world’s information. Founded in 2019, Horizen Labs is a crypto-first developer that builds blockchain products and tools at the heart of the decentralization revolution. We are world leaders in zero knowledge cryptography and key web 3.0 tools that enable programmable blockchains that are secure, scalable and privacy preserving.
Our company is creating a culture of empowered individuals, who aren’t afraid to bring their ideas to life. We are looking for creative individuals to join our team of the best and brightest minds in the blockchain space. You will experience the exhilaration of joining a fast growing and innovation focused company with support from some of the industry’s top thought leaders, including Digital Currency Group, Kenetic Capital, Sound Ventures, and Liberty City Ventures.
We believe diversity drives the innovation and engagement necessary to build a truly remarkable product. We operate on a hybrid model with a distributed global workforce who works in partnership with our satellite offices in New York City, NY, Milan, Italy, and the latest opening now in Odessa, Ukraine. This allows us the flexibility to go to where the talent is. Are you ready to help us change the future with the next cutting edge blockchain technology? Join us!
We are looking for a Senior Java Engineer to join our Odessa team as one of our key team members and who is interested in blockchain technology. As an experienced Engineer, you will bring your technical expertise and experience to contribute to the development of cutting-edge blockchain technology. You’ll work on contributing to Horizen Labs’s core technology while working with an international team in a stimulating and innovative environment.
What You’ll Own:
- Continuously design, develop and deploy functionalities and features of our core technology.
- Write code that is elegant, performant, maintainable, clear, tested, and concise.
- Participate in code reviews to maintain and improve quality.
- Collaborate with other team members.
Skills & Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience in the development
- Solid knowledge of Java
- Knowledge of Maven build tool
- Good understanding of system design, data structures, and algorithms
- Ability to work all the way from high-level architecture design down to efficient code
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Fluency in English with excellent written and verbal communication skills
Nice to Haves:
- Knowledge of Scala and Akka Framework
- Strong understanding of network stack and HTTP/TCP/Websocket protocols;
- Cryptographic background: elliptic curve based algorithms, zero-knowledge proofs, libraries usage(openssl, bouncycastle, zexe, libsnark)
- Working experience with Python/C++/Rust
- Education: Computer Science, Applied Mathematics or related fields
Horizen Labs is an equal opportunity employer
Horizen Labs is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an email to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.